A while ago, Jo joined the project Alligator Gozaimazu. A sound collective with more than 60 members.
In times like these, the cooperation between the artists was mainly an exchange of sound files via a drop folder.
This has resulted in a lot of joint compositions that have been released on 8 compilations on Bandcamp so far. The revenues from these samplers all go to Sea Watch. Orange ’Ear has already produced a livestream in February to bring some of the Alligators together virtually. But now we are overjoyed to meet many of the artists in person.
From Aug. 13th to Aug. 15th the festival Alligator:Go! will take place in Munich and Orange ’Ear is looking forward to broadcast the concerts to the world for you.
Please reload the page to view the current stream
Friday, Aug. 13th.
- Masako Ohta (Taishogoto – Japanese harp-like synthesizer, piano) – masako-ohta.de
- Sebastian Giussani (Analogue modular synthesizer, percussion) – giussani.de
- Lina Zylla (Voice loops, electronics) – linazylla.com
- The Hercules And Leo Case (Vocal performance) – theherculesandleocase.de
- Nihal Saruhanli (Drums, percussion) – nihalsaruhanli.com
- Şevket Akıncı (Free jazz guitar, electronics) – sevketakinci.com
- Iñaki Rocha Echevarría (Sound-controlled overhead visuals, self-built electronic music) – facebook.com/ovumat
- Martin Krejci (Noise) – h-krejci-m.de
- Sarah Ines (Voice, acoustic sound objects) – sarah-ines.de
Saturday, Aug. 14th.
- Thomas Glatz (Vocals, guitar, percussion) – thomasglatz.de
- Phoebe Lesch (Vocals, acoustic sound objects) – phoebe-lesch.de
- Evegnii Vaslov (Drone, electronics) – notumschaltung.com
- Gemma Meulendijks (Cello, electronics) – gemmameulendijks.nl
- Mucho Pitchu (Driving modular synth set-up, saxophone, clarinet) – alligatorgozaimasu.bandcamp.com/track/las-tong
- Tobias Ruhland (Improvised music with hammered dulcimer) – facebook.com/mopedtobias77
- Nunofyrbeeswax (Queerfeminist minimal rock’n’roll/ contemporary dance on drum set) – nunofyrbeeswax.tumblr.com
- Lisa Silveira Caneiro aka Agente Costura (Prepared sewing machine, oscillators) – agentecostura.wordpress.com
- Tobias Ruhland (Dulcimer pop) – facebook.com/mopedtobias77
Sunday, Aug. 15th.
- Helena Hartmann (Vocals, performance) – helenahartmann.viewbook.com
- Corinna Mattner aka Romy Hood (Amplified treadle sewing machine, electronics, vocals) – romyhood.ch
- Stephanie Müller aka Rag Treasure ( Lawnmower bass harp, amplified herbal soup, vocals) – hoelle.media
- Ángela Muñoz Martínez (Percussion, drums) – angelamz.com
- Lisa Simpson aka Agente Costura (Percussion, drums) – agentecostura.wordpress.com
- Nicolai Herrmann aka SLEEP WAR KING (Electronics, acoustic instruments, vocals) – facebook.com/thesleepwarking
- Cetty Perdichizzi (Vocals) – facebook.com/cetty.perdichizzi
- Zi Skla (E-Guitar, electronis, vocals, media art) – facebook.com/ffaustf
Alligator:Go! is a festival for experimental music and art More than 30 musicians* and artists* from Munich and other places, cities and countries that were already connected online will come together offline for the first time from August 13-15. The open-air stage of IMPORT EXPORT offers space for improvised music. Electronic music reinterpreted with medical meters, dulcimer and cello, queer dream-pop and contemporary vocal performance mix up the raucous noise mantra – „in doubt for the contradiction“. Professional musicians* and artists* who never tire of experimenting further collaborate with people who have only recently discovered playing and producing together.
The Alligator:Go! festival wants to make you want to look beyond your own borders and explore future forms of collectivity and community together. What possibilities will open up when artists and musicians join together again offline? Is it time to unlearn familiar forms of encounter and try out something new? Right next to the IMPORT EXPORT open space, in the adjacent MUCCA Halle, the Munich based projects will built a modular spatial installation: over the course of the festival, it will become a shell for self-built music, a repository for sketchy sound notes, a projection surface for visuals, and a streaming interface.
Based out of and , the Alligator:Go! festival wants to spin temporary webs in the surroundings of Neuhausen and Schwabing West. Thus, in addition to the program on the festival grounds, a sound walk in the neighborhood is also planned.
With all the anticipation of playing and researching together in presence, the interface to the world is still to be considered. Thus, all those who cannot be present on site can take partn through watching the streaming sessions.
- Aoi Swimming played a melody on her Casio for us in a live performance from Japan.
- Sezgin Inceel played one of his soft acoustic folk, ethnic world and jazz songs for us.
- Laura Theis recited some spoken word poetry for us.
- Jo performed „The tenter is a bit veered off just now“ on her Glasambel.
- For the first time in this constellation, Klaus Erika Dietl, Helena Hartmann, Nicolai Herrmann aka SLEEP WAR KING, Gemma Meulendijks aka M I A, Gustavo Moi, Stephanie aka Rag Treasure, ZORK FREE ARTS LAB and Lina Zylla performed a remote live concert.
- Thomas Glatz, Deidra Mesayu, Miboujin and Mikio Saito created animated drawings and visuals that included sound fragments by Fredi Grosser, Anton Kaun, Sarah Ines Struck, Carla Rosalia Zuccon and Paula Emilia Zuccon.
- Julia Kotowski was kind enough to animate a wild alligator for us.